Call for Breakout Session Presenters
Do you have an exciting STEM-based class project that you want to share with others? Is your school or organization doing something innovative to bring STEM to your students that others could benefit from learning about? We are now accepting proposals for the Friday afternoon breakout sessions at the 2017 STEM 4 Innovation Conference for K-12 Education.
Sessions can be led by K-12 formal/informal educators, administrators or counselors as well as Texas A&M faculty, staff or graduate students.
Breakout Session Guidelines
- Sessions are 1-hour in length.
- All presenters and co-presenters must register for STEM 4 Innovation.
- STEM 4 Innovation will provide projectors, laptops, screens, and internet access in all rooms. Presenters will need to provide all other presentation materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Presenters must check in at the registration desk when they arrive at the conference.
- No presentations may be cancelled less than 30 days before STEM 4 Innovation (February 28, 2017), except for extenuating circumstances. Cancellation after the deadline may result in the presenter’s proposals not being considered for future STEM 4 Innovation conferences. Cancellations will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the conference committee. No-shows without notification will be banned from presenting at future STEM 4 Innovation, regardless of reason.
- Presenters are allowed to have one official co-presenter, unless they are part of a panel previously established by the conference committee. Additional co-presenters may assist with sessions, but will not be listed in the program. The official co-presenter should be the presider of the session, checking in attendees at the door and making sure rooms are not over capacity.
- Presentations may be photographed or videotaped for use by the Texas A&M University System after the conference.
- Accepted applicants must supply STEM 4 Innovation with an electronic copy of presentation and handouts by Friday, March 24. Presentations and handouts will be shared through the STEM 4 Innovation Resources page. NOTE: STEM 4 Innovation will not provide printed handouts.